My name is Alex E Kheyson, and I want to welcome you to the Heart & Mind of a Leader show. I am happy to have you here. After listening to this episode please share your feedback about this topic and episode in general in the comments below. I really appreciate your support.
Some of the main questions and points that I cover in this episode are:
- Can anyone become more assertive when the situation calls for it? What may be stopping us to express our opinions openly when necessary, is that fear of being misunderstood or too direct?
- Why do we continue to hide our assertive personality inside of us, even when we know that we have something to say and are confident that we are absolutely right?
- What do we fail to recognize when we are in the middle of presentation of ideas and opinions on the subject at hand, even though it is such an easy and hard thing to remember?
- What do we tend to focus on more in the middle of the constructive argument when we are not assertive, what do we think and care the most about? Are we being consumed by others' thoughts and opinions that we forget about our own?
- 'It's not what you say but how you say it' - recommend vs. tell approach in problem solving and solution finding. Collaboration is one of the critical parts of any productive negotiation
I hope you enjoyed listening and find this episode very useful for you or someone else that you may know. Please feel free to share this episode if you know someone who may benefit from listening to it
Also, if you enjoy this podcast show and are interested in receiving free Growth and Success Mindset Digest (weekly newsletter) from me, delivered straight to your inbox with latest updates, then please complete quick form at the bottom of this page and you will be on your way! It's that simple! You may also click the following link and sign up: http://eepurl.com/b0ReHz